POLK DSWPRO 660Wi 12 inch Subwoofer
Superior performance from superior Polk Audio Subwoofer technologies:
- More durable materials for more years of superior sound Patented Dynamic Balance tuning removes performance-robbing resonances before they appear on the cone. Proprietary Composite Polypropylene Cone material is lightweight and super-stiff for superior efficiency and cone control, with the performance specs of a driver with a much larger diameter. Durable Rubber Surrounds don't rot like industry-standard foam surrounds, so they provide better damping and more years of reliable performance. Find out more here
- More efficient power usage Polk's new design Intelligent Digital Amplifier can funnel gobs of awesome low-frequency power to your DSWpro-wi Subwoofer, but also motor down power usage in low volume situations or stand-by mode. We're bass hogs, but not energy hogs!
- 4 Preset Room Optimizer?settings This is no "one size fits all" Subwoofer. The exclusive Polk Room Optimizer (PRO) allows you to choose one of four pre-programmed room settings to achieve maximum bass with a minimum of set up and placement hassles. Choose your perfect sub setting right from your listening position with your DSWpro-wi remote controller! Find out more here.
- Multiple Hook-Up options LFE, line-level inputs and outputs, and professional 5-way Binding Posts for speaker-level inputs, allow easy connection to any system.
- Less distortion, even at high volume Turn it too loud, and any speaker will distort. Performance-limiters and antiquated servo feedback systems are too reactionary for today's lightning-fast digital audio technology. So Polk Audio developed a smarter solution that heads-off distortion before it happens, even at high volumes. With Patented Feed Forward Anti-Distortion Technology at work, you get bulletproof reliability with ultra-pure distortion-free performance. Find out more here.
- Guided driver movement insures no mechanical failure The state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer is a unique tool Polk Audio engineers use to optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension; all the parts that move. Klippel Optimization keeps the moving parts aligned and moving smoothly, even when they're moving really fast. Find out more here.
- More placement flexibility Aside from the option of going wireless, you can rearrange the DSWpro-wi's adjustable feet to configure the Subwoofer in either standard downward-firing or front-firing modes. Use downward-firing for open space placement, and front-firing mode for better performance when the Subwoofer is placed within a cabinet or audio furniture. Use acoustic rubber feet for placement on hard surfaces, and spikes to keep the enclosure immobile on carpeted floors. Each configuration is optimized for the most efficient, deepest bass response possible.
- Enclosure-enhanced bass performance This newly engineered enclosure is extensively braced, heavy duty MDF. Rap it with your knuckles and you'll hear how solid it is. It virtually eliminates the kind of unwanted cabinet "boom" you get with cheaper enclosures. DSWpro-wi bass is tight and controlled, with instant response. The innovative Slot-Loaded Bass Port provides significantly more surface area than a traditional circular port, and it's tuned to eliminate "chuffing" and performance-robbing port-end turbulence. You'll literally feel the big waves of deep musical bass delivered by this surprisingly compact Subwoofer.
- Subwoofer: 1 - 12" Diameter. Downward Firing Slot Port
- Dynamic Power: 1000 watts
- Continuous Power: 500 watts
- Overall Frequency Response: 20Hz - 160 Hz
- Lower -3dB Limit: 25Hz dB
- Upper -3dB Limit: 125Hz dB
- Crossover (subwoofer): 60-120HZ
- Inputs: LFE, Line In, Speaker Level In, PWSK1 Wireless Transmitter Kit (sold separately)
- Outputs: Line Out, Speaker Level Out
- Subwoofer Amplifier Warranty: 3 years parts and labor (original purchaser)
- Speaker Warranty: 5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)
- Accessories (comes with) Remote Control
- Accessories (recommended) Grille for forward-firing configuration
- Total Shipping Weight: 51.00 lbs
- Product Weight: 45.00 lbs.
- Size: 17 1/8" H x 16 1/2" W x 16 1/2" D